Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Cowpokes Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Cowpokes Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:15 am

Stillers-Cowpokes Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Practice Squad

Re: Stillers-Cowpokes Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby fuckNE » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:58 am

Mill, It is always exciting to wake up after another disaster on a Sunday and welcome a few more one liners that you have: "The Big Lazy" and the winner of the day, " jism-swallowing cock gobbler".....fucking priceless....Thanks for the laughter. Speaking of laughter, this season is getting more comical by the week. I know you and I aren't the only ones who know the Cleveland game is almost a sure as shit loss in the making.

game notes:

Not having Heyward Gay nd Sharknado on special teams was a glaring weakness. Bozwell looks average right now. I think the god damn river dance on-side kick attempt failure last week has him on the verge of the yips.....

Couldn't agree more with Chickillo, needs more PT asap.

Mike Mitchell was within tackling distance of Elliott on the 107 yard screen pass td, he is another POS....Fuck him too....

I pray they lose the Cleveland game. With the exception of Munch, Fire them all. How the fuck can the Rooneys be happy paying this piece of shit HC $8 Million a year to produce these shit results????

We now have Big Ben telling the media that there is a lack of focus, accountability and discipline from players and coaches. Good for him. As he is rounding 3rd base of his career, the window is quickly closing on another Superbowl win for him given how fucking bad this team is. I hope he keeps it up. what does he have to lose? BB

Practice Squad

Postby bdambro » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:49 am

Can't believe I'm still giving a shit about the season at this point.

Can we talk about the 2 point conversions?? Leaving 4 POINTS ON THE BOARD!? Whenever something like this happens, I ask myself "would Belichick do that"? The answer is always no. It's one thing if you have an actual play design, but it looks like it's just Ben improvising 90% of the time. You need a W... you know it's going to be a tight game... take the fucking points!

It's the false bravado Coach T is known for. You're on a 3 game losing streak... what reason in hell do you have to be cocky and go for 2 off that bat!?

The "cause a loss of yardage" explanation on the last drive is laugh out loud funny. What the fuck are the chances of that?? Statistically... 5%?? About as good as the riverdance onside kick working. Just assaholic hail mary scenarios they're hoping work out in critical moments.

I thought Tomlin was brought in for his "bright defensive mind"? The guy doesn't even wear a fucking headset during the game. Our defense is soft and weak. We don't intimidate anyone. As much as Mike Mitchell would disagree - he embodies Tomlin's false bravado. What happens at any other level as a safety if you don't tackle (consistently try to tackle high at the shoulder pads) and take horrible angles on plays - you're fucking benched. Two back to back weeks with 90+ yard plays given up!?!?

Players starting to call out other players and coaches. The dominoes are starting to fall. Sure as shit we'll come out all fired up next week, play emotional defense for a quarter, predictable offense all game and it'll come down to Ben either making a play or not making a play. We're sure as hell not creating any turnovers on D... even against Cody Kessler. The most we can hope for out of this D is a couple costly unsportsmanlike penalties and missed tackles in the secondary.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:36 pm

Mr colbert please start a retirement wave for Steelers coaching staff: T, the B, and of course J Mitchell, oh, and please include yourself! Cowboys running wild and best run stopper on bench (VW) while D's Heeeaatthh: Tiimmmons not getting a lot done. First view of Green and he looks lumbering and slower than expected.
Last edited by fred on Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:08 pm

Munchak for head coach. I have nothing else to add, except this team is painful to watch. Football without defense is not football. The NFL blows monkey balls big fucking time.

Go Pens!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:41 pm

Good write up as usual and I am adding "human pylon" and "showing all the fight and vigor of the French army" to the Mill lexicon! I differ on one point only and that is Mill said AB should have taken on the punter on the punt return. I really don't like him returning punts to begin with, but a punter will either flail wildly like a windmill, pretend he is going to tackle and fall down, or worse case go low at the legs. They can ill afford to lose AB and it is probably just a matter of when not if it happens. I do agree that on the last play AB should have done something other than run OOB and it got me to thinking whether they ever practice just such a play in the event it comes down to that. Probably not. Nobody to spell Bell with Deangelo out so how long before he goes down again from the beating he is taking again? The decision to stack the box and leave nobody back to stop an opposing RB from breaking through. The Steeler D-line couldn't constrain a toddler in a phone booth (yes that is a Mill original) and yet they leave no safety valve. Surprised that Mill had nothing to say about the 2-pointers, but he was probably exhausted hitting all the other "high" points. I predicted 10-6 no playoffs, but even that appears in jeopardy. My 2 cents.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:09 pm

-I still can't figure out why Tou-Slow is still on the roster, much less seeing sig. playing time now that D-Will is out. They picked up a gift in RB Karlos Williams a month ago, but it's more important he rots on the practice squad in favor of this oaf instead??

-Coates should be called the invisible man, because after showing promise the first couple games of the season that's exactly what he's become. Wheaton too, when he's not injured or dropping routine passes. People bitch about A.B. not doing more,(and I can't in no way defend that moronic decision to run OOB on the final play of the game instead of trying a lateral), but when the rest of the WRs,(sans Eli Rogers), aren't carrying their load, this is what happens.

-Butler is a fraud, and this better be his last season here. As has been said the Steelers finally decided they wanted to get away from LeBeau, so what did they do? They hired his clone. They're getting what they paid for. Seriously, how many 300 + yard passers, 100+ yard recievers, and 100+ yard rushers have they allowed this season? I've totally lost count.

-Just about every Steelers fan I've talked to,(myself included), are scared shitless of the upcoming game against the Browns. Think about that for a second; Could you see New England, Seattle, Denver, etc. fearful of facing a fucking 0-10 team?!? Hell no, and that more than anything says it all about the sorry state of this team the past 5 years. #FireTomlin #FireButler

Practice Squad

Postby Matthew1516 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:19 pm

Milk is way too easy on the biggest liability on this roster: Mike Mitchell. "Safety" suggests a position that saves the defense from giving up big plays. We have been getting gashed for long TDs every single week, and Mitchell is nowhere to be found. "Free" suggests he will roam around and make plays -- perhaps even a few interceptions. But Mitchell never around the ball. He is the worst safety in the league.

Exhibit A: go back and watch the last TD in the Dallas game. Ask yourself, "where was Mitchell?" Then study what he did. You will see that he is cheating over to the right hash to provide help on Dez Bryant who is flanked out wide. The ball is snapped. The nearest tackle and guard fire out to run block. Dez Bryant lazily walks off the line since he is not getting the ball. Every high school defensive back reads this as a run, and does something to support. So what does Mitchell do? You will see him half jog out towards Bryant, even though he has already seen it'a a run play developing up the gut.

This is lazy, stupid, piss poor football with the game on the line! It is also crappy coaching. This is what losing football players do, and what losing coaches do. See for yourself. http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/dalvspit- ... -12-11-_c1

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:44 am

Matthew1516 wrote:Milk is way too easy on the biggest liability on this roster: Mike Mitchell. "Safety" suggests a position that saves the defense from giving up big plays. We have been getting gashed for long TDs every single week, and Mitchell is nowhere to be found. "Free" suggests he will roam around and make plays -- perhaps even a few interceptions. But Mitchell never around the ball. He is the worst safety in the league.

Exhibit A: go back and watch the last TD in the Dallas game. Ask yourself, "where was Mitchell?" Then study what he did. You will see that he is cheating over to the right hash to provide help on Dez Bryant who is flanked out wide. The ball is snapped. The nearest tackle and guard fire out to run block. Dez Bryant lazily walks off the line since he is not getting the ball. Every high school defensive back reads this as a run, and does something to support. So what does Mitchell do? You will see him half jog out towards Bryant, even though he has already seen it'a a run play developing up the gut.

This is lazy, stupid, piss poor football with the game on the line! It is also crappy coaching. This is what losing football players do, and what losing coaches do. See for yourself. http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/dalvspit- ... -12-11-_c1

Pretty astute observation. BTW interesting handle you have. Not certain of your choice, but perhaps it is because I am "still without understanding". ;)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:48 am

After last week's game against Dallas I am curious to see how well the poes do against Dallas tonight. Anybody else?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:41 am

Comments from Matthew 1516 and Steelers six above should also take into account what the B called as a defensive play. Then what Mitch was doing is more understandable. The B is as alluded to above just a LaBoneHead clone as is John Mitchell, who is probably THE major reason for these last decade of ineffective D.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:07 pm

Steelerssix wrote:After last week's game against Dallas I am curious to see how well the poes do against Dallas tonight. Anybody else?

Did you mean Sunday? They don't play tonight. New Orleans vs Carolina is the Thursday Night Game.

That said, I'm betting the Ratbirds lose. After years on end of being a tough division, the AFC North this year is about as good as the AFC South any other year.

Practice Squad

Postby The_Truth » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:30 pm

You gave Jones a C? D- at best.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:51 am

Steelers76 wrote:
Steelerssix wrote:After last week's game against Dallas I am curious to see how well the poes do against Dallas tonight. Anybody else?

Did you mean Sunday? They don't play tonight. New Orleans vs Carolina is the Thursday Night Game.

That said, I'm betting the Ratbirds lose. After years on end of being a tough division, the AFC North this year is about as good as the AFC South any other year.

Yes you were correct 76, I realized that when I turned on the TV to see it. They were talking about it so much here in poeville that I thought it was on last night. I will say one thing for the poes they always play hard no matter who they play and it irritates me to watch them beat up on the Steelers. Agree with your AFC North take. Looks like Marvin's days may be numbered and I don't think he has won one playoff game is that right?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:51 am

Steelerssix wrote:
Steelers76 wrote:

Yes you were correct 76, I realized that when I turned on the TV to see it. They were talking about it so much here in poeville that I thought it was on last night. I will say one thing for the poes they always play hard no matter who they play and it irritates me to watch them beat up on the Steelers. Agree with your AFC North take. Looks like Marvin's days may be numbered and I don't think he has won one playoff game is that right?

You are correct. In fact, the Bungholes haven't won a playoff game since the 1990 season. I take every chance I get to ram that fact in Bungholes fans faces.

Return to Stillers Talk