Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers- Pats Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers- Pats Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:30 am

Stillers- Pats Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Practice Squad

Re: Stillers- Pats Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby fuckNE » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:09 am

Mill, Great read as usual. Where was the sense of urgency in the 4th quarter just under 6 minutes left when we had the ball? We are down by 11 and they are taking 35 seconds to get off a play?? No need to get into the 67 yard field goal attempt when it was 4th and 2, these types of decisions are typical of this over-rated, over hyped wind bag of a HC. For you golfers out there, this is equivalent to laying up on a par 3.

The offense moved the ball very well late in the second quarter with a few dump offs to Bell and Co. and completely which NE couldn't slow down. Then it is completely abandoned in the 2nd half. The fact that Jones had 47 pass attempts is a scary stat alone. There were a handful of questionable flags on the Steelers, however I saw a few that could have been called on the rat-cXcksuckers that were missed.....

Thankfully, the mismatch and failure to properly defend Gronk wasn't exposed until late in the game. If they go to him early, he would have had a record day.

To put it in simply, comparing Momlin to Belifuck is like comparing Jones to Brady.

It was disgusting to see soo many NE Pussy fans in Heinz Field. I had a friend fly out of PIT on Sat and he said they were pouring into the airport. I would have burned my tickets before selling to those fucking scumbags. At least sell your tickets to Stiller fans, WTF...This will become the new norm, just watch. Then maybe the Rooneys will wake up and do something. Dare to dream.............BB
Last edited by fuckNE on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:38 am

First things first, a new one to add to the Mill collection: Mother Hubbard! Laughing already. As I mentioned in the game thread I felt that game was winnable as it went on, not prior to it. It looked to me like they had the NE TE's bottled up pretty good for awhile until as Mill put it Blount started to gash the D for yards and that eventually freed up the shots to Gronk. You just ain't gonna stop that forever. Outraged that Brady could simply scramble for 3 first downs and yet as Mill astutely points out Jones rarely tried to do the same. Also some questionable flags on the Steelers. Can't remember the exact play, but one flag in particular that bothered me was an unnecessary roughness call when they were trying to bring down the RB who was still churning in-bounds and I do not think the whistle had blown. And the blatant missed call that prevented Hamilton from hauling in a nice pass from Jones. Still do not have a decent defense, secondary poor, and obviously miss Ben, but the only consolation is that our final 9 opponents are a combined 22-26 right now. Four of those games are against the hapless Browns and struggling Ravens, but they will somehow play down to that level. They have already beaten the Bungles once and should do so again. The Colts are in there from the weak South, but they will be tough. Cowboys and Giants will be tough. So, still say 10-6 with a healthy Ben and can stay with the rest of the AFC with the exception of NE. 2 cents worth.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:39 am

fuckNE wrote:Mill, Great read as usual. Where was the sense of urgency in the 4th quarter just under 6 minutes left when we had the ball? We are down by 11 and they are taking 35 seconds to get off a play?? No need to get into the 67 yard field goal attempt when it was 4th and 2, these types of decisions are typical of this over-rated, over hyped wind bag of a HC.

The offense moved the ball very well late in the second quarter with a few dump offs to Bell and Co. and completely which NE couldn't slow down. Then it is completely abandoned in the 2nd half. The fact that Jones had 47 pass attempts is a scary stat alone. There were a handful of questionable flags on the Steelers, however I saw a few that could have been called on the rat-cXcksuckers that were missed.....

Thankfully, the mismatch and failure to properly defend Gronk wasn't exposed until late in the game. If they go to him early, he would have had a record day.

To put it in simply, comparing Momlin to Belifuck is like comparing Jones to Brady.

It was disgusting to see soo many NE Pussy fans in Heinz Field. I had a friend fly out of PIT on Sat and he said they were pouring into the airport. I would have burned my tickets before selling to those fucking scumbags. At least sell your tickets to Stiller fans, WTF...This will become the new norm, just watch. Then maybe the Rooneys will wake up and do something. Dare to dream.............BB

OK fuckNE nice response and observations, but how do you really feel? ;)

Grizzled Veteran

Postby relictele » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:54 am

For pure comedy you couldn't beat the black and gold defenders, including 'tough' linebackers bouncing off Gronk or desperately and unsuccessfully trying to ride him to the ground.

Jones didn't look completely out of his depth, even getting a 'nice job' from Ben on the sideline a time or two but he was quite obviously scared to death to take a hit. He inexplicably dropped back 10-12 yds and, to avoid the rush, dumped it off to Bell, who was also 8-10 yds behind the line of scrimmage albeit with couple of linemen with him. A guaranteed loss of yardage.

Jones' worst moment(s) came when he jumped up in the air and threw the ball WHILE DRIFTING BACKWARDS. This was a sin much worse than throwing off the back foot - he might as well have tied a rope around the ball and tied the other end to a cinder block. Hardly any forward momentum and almost no spin - just a balloon floating free because Jones heard footsteps.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:35 am

-I would've graded L. Jones a tad higher than you, but only because I was expecting diddly shit from him going in. That said, all your points about him were valid. His contract is up after this season, and I still hope the team let's him walk after. Could've had Brian Hoyer, Matt Cassel, or Nick Foles this past off-season after Tomlin's boasts of "looking to upgrade at the position." But knowing Colbert, he'll rush out and extend Dirty Landry for another 5 years....

-This was just too funny; I guess when asked about why he choose to have Boswell attempt a 54 yard field goal instead of going for a 4th and short, Tomlin's explanation was actually that Boswell made a 55 yarder in the exact same spot of Heinz Field in worse conditions during his try-out last year. Yes, you read that right, his justification for going for a low pct. FG was that his kicker MADE A LONGER FG IN A FUCKING TRYOUT LAST YEAR?!?! I laughed for at least 10 minutes straight when I heard that shit. Even better? For whatever reason Tomlin then brought up Jeff Reed making FGs of similar distance at Heinz. What in God's name a PK who hasn't played here in 6 years has to do with his current K making a FG in the here and now is only something that makes sense to a cross-eyed half-wit like Tomlin. Even the sheep media who reported this nonsense were laughing at the absurdity of those statements. But I guess you can say just about anything when you know you'll never be fired.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Coke Oven » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:32 pm

But I guess you can say just about anything when you know you'll never be fired.

BINGO!

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:57 pm

Even in loss you'uns comments bring a wry smile. T seemed more prepared than usual. Seems he coaches 'toughness' but strategy isn't worth but a passing thought. Obviated on the fg try. The one that gets me screaming at the tv is when he let clock run full 45 seconds on NE last punt. The most a TO can save is 45 seconds and that occurred on that punt. On O you can down the ball, and can control clock somewhat.
The Butt-head-ler also seemed better prepared. Can't understand why a safety (Golden) can't keep up with a fuking Gronk???
Personally think Mitchell (coach) is a serious problem. He can't recognize talent, doesn't teach his linemen to get off blocks. Altogether add up the Butt-head-ler and Mitchell and there is still way too much LaBonehead smell on this D. Did see what appeared to be a simple 4 man rush on many plays. Unfortunately when one is named Jarless don't expect a dominating performance.
Thought the Steelers played ok even with them looking like they lost the game before it started. When the 2nd TD got wiped and FG missed, it was huge. Still, though, if Steelers meet NE in playoffs with maybe a full complement on O, I say the Steelers beat these weenies from NE.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:09 pm

So wait, the Steelers faced New England in the regular season and lost but the stars aligned and put NE in the best possible position to win...but now we just need to face them in the playoffs and we will sure show them?

Feels like I have heard that before...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:36 pm

isfry wrote:So wait, the Steelers faced New England in the regular season and lost but the stars aligned and put NE in the best possible position to win...but now we just need to face them in the playoffs and we will sure show them?

Feels like I have heard that before...

Why can't you see a Tomlin lead team who can't beat shitty squads on the road beating New England in January?!? WHY OH WHY?!? :supissed:

As much as it pains me to say this, maybe if John Harbaugh suddenly becomes our H.C. He beat The Pats in the playoffs in their house, 2 times in fact, and nearly pulled it off 2 more times.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:42 am

Realized, suddenly, that Mr. Butler, not Malcolm, got so completely tooled that Billycheat did not have to go to his TEs. He kept his aces completely in his back pocket only using Gronk to seal the game. Steelers D did not shut down NE TEs in first half. Still though, think Steeler whole O wins in NE in playoffs!

Practice Squad

Postby btd343 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:12 pm

I'll say that this game was much closer than I expected, especially in the first half. Probably because Tomlin's main coaching strategy is to get the team fired up on emotion and hopefully play better. Once the emotion wore off and we had to rely on basic fundamentals we were completely screwed. I'm sick of Mitchell's hard ass attitude, late hits and complete lack of being in the right position. How you coach a safety to cover the sideline and leave the middle of the field open against the best TE in the league is absurd. It was nice to see a little more pressure on the QB in this game (although it didnt result in much) - but our run defense is getting worse each game.

The Belichicks and Andy Reid's of the world are almost undefeated coming off bye-weeks. Let's see what sort of genius Tomlin can come up with. I fully expect us to come out flat, play down to a lesser opponent on the road - especially when control of the division is on the line. It's a shame knowing the talent we have especially on offense is going to go to waste because we are poorly coached with a false sense of confidence.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:45 am

Anyone know anything about AB's quad injury? I have not been able to find out if it was serious? Is he practicing? Is there any chance he misses week 9?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:30 am

isfry wrote:Anyone know anything about AB's quad injury? I have not been able to find out if it was serious? Is he practicing? Is there any chance he misses week 9?

I've heard nothing about it that would indicate that it's a problem, and that he will miss the next game against Baltimore. I know from the local news that the team is off from now until Monday with re: to practicing, so hopefully any lingering injuries will be given time to heal.

Speaking of which, it was reported yesterday the reason WR Eli Rogers didn't see any action in The New England game; I guess he was late to Saturday's practice, which according to Tomlin wasn't the first time it's happened, so he was benched for the game. Tomlin was quoted as saying "He needs to be held more accountable." If only the coaching staff and G.M was as well.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:11 pm

Well here's some Pollyana, glass-half-full analysis for ya. The Bungles fell to 3-4-1 after already having lost to us once. The Browns are outdoing themselves as the Browns. If we can muster a win against the Rats after the bye week, with or without Ben, we can basically sit comfortably atop the division with, in essence, a two and a half game lead over both of the other contenders for the division.

Whether any of that translates into a team that gives me any confidence they can win in Foxboro in January is a whole 'nother story. Even I don't smoke weed THAT good...

Happy Halloween. :surockin:

Return to Stillers Talk