Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Dolphs Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Dolphs Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:44 am

Stillers-Dolphs Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Stillers-Dolphs Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby ballhair » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:59 am

Spot on as usual Mill. Very predictable. Tomlin has to go.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:36 am

How many fuking times have I said that the Steelers have to draft or acquire a credible future QB? Yes I know that isn't easy, but they haven't fuking tried!!! This latest injury is not just a threat to this season, but Roethelisburger is now a collection of health problems that are going to accumulate to end his career. Landry is regressing. He looked terrible in preseason. New England is going to wipe up Heinz field with this team.. hell they might have done it with Ben in the lineup. I predict 4-5 after New England routs them, they have to go to Baltimore where they usually lose, even if the Ravens suck, and then you have the Cowboys, now a winning team. The schedule gets easier, but there is now no margin of error after that and WTF am I talking about anyway... that defense isn't taking you anywhere. It is worse than Landry. T.V. rating are for the NFL are going to decline in my house..

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:54 am

The assholes at South Side are probably fawning all over Mettenberger today. two years ago he torched Momlins vaunted defense so they should know what he is capable of. I watched Jarvis Jones and Williams take horrendous angles yesterday. Where is the fucking coaching JPEEZY??

Mill said "vag" makes me ROFL!

Practice Squad

Postby fuckNE » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:54 am

This is from the article from NFL.com on Ben's surgery and mention's NE's QB Roster:

"Whereas the Patriots survived Tom Brady's early-season absence with recent high draft picks Jimmy Garoppolo and Jacoby Brissett, the Steelers have neglected to upgrade their quarterback insurance.

The dropoff from Roethlisberger to Landry Jones is as steep as any starter-to-backup transition in the league.
A scattershot Jones managed a 58.2 completion rate and 77.3 passer rating on 55 attempts as Roethlisberger's stand-in last season."

HOW IN THE FUCK IS THIS GUY STILL EMPLOYEED AS THE HC???!!!!

I had a few jaggoff's question if I was a fan after telling them I wasn't about to spend the $ to go to the game yesterday knowing full well this shitfest and fiasco of a football team was ready to lay an egg. These are the same idiots who have on the same blinders on as the Pgh media drolling over this over-rated
asshole. Mark my words, when Ben retires, this POS will be right behind him because what will be left of this team will take YEARS to recover from his "cut and paste style" roster moves and poor drafting. FUCK MOMLIN......BB

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:28 am

Second time this season that the D looked like 1968, they have tried their best to look that way in the 4 other games. Right from the start, it was obvious that a win would be difficult. Does that coincide with the first game that the Butler coached last year against the Patriots? Right from the start. Are we gonna have to tolerate this guy for the next 10 years because the Steelers won't fire anybody??? This D is TERRIBLE.
Problem with coach AND front office is that they can't recognize talent. Haley can. He inherited that from his dad. Put him in charge and take the top off of the coach and talent finders section of Steeler football.....please?

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:29 am

i'm speechless.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:14 pm

-I'm seriously over Ben getting hurt like this every fucking season. How many 16 game schedules has he fully played since he's been the starting QB for well over a decade? It's beyond old. Of course the season doesn't have to be over,(see Houston last year using 4 different QBs to win their division), but since apparently Landry Jones is one of The Rooney's bastard kids/grandkids, it pretty much is. Mettenberger is nothing special, but he's Y.A. Title compared to Jones.

-I'm so tired of the brain dead sheep media and some kool-aid drinking fans that try to sugar coat losses like these to shit teams by saying "The Dolphins were better than 1-4", blah, blah, blah. No, they fucking aren't. They should've been 0-5 entering that game yesterday, and only beat The Browns because they are The Browns. You think some would've come to the realization that a Dumblin coached squad cannot beat doormats on the road the last 5 years by now, but they're getting ready to vote for Hilary, so....

-I'm not going into the coaching stuff anymore. 1, because all that's needed to be said was said here, and 2, because it's no use anymore. Rooney's are well aware of this shit, and they are fine with it. Much better to treat this franchise like a mom and pop store than actually demand better. Denver won 4 straight AFC West Titles and a Super Bowl appearance with John Fox, and he was still fired after the 2014 season. You saw what they accomplished after that. I rest my case.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:30 pm

This quote from Mill about Timmons is why I always come here....
"Puked on the field after the MIA TD, late 2Q. This was the extent of his contributions, and pretty much summed up the entire team’s effort."

Also, I don't know if anyone noticed, but he blew chunks just before the play too.

This site has become the only NFL related place on the internet that I still visit.

Go Pens!

Practice Squad

Postby bingojoe » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:01 pm

This is still a positive start and season for the Steelers. What you all fail to realize is the AFC North is rubbish this year. Over the past 2 weeks the AFC North is 1-7 (with the only win being the Steelers).

The Steelers did play awful in Miami but we were without our top 2 LBs and Ben got hurt mid-game was never right when he returned.

The key game will be versus the Ravens in 3 weeks. If we can win that game, we go 2-0 in the Division with 2 games remaining versus the Brownies.

8-8 or 9-7 might be good enough to make the playoffs this year. The key is to get healthy and hot at the end of the season. It might mean we have to play a wild card game and then go on the road but sobeit.

These guys have already beaten a decent Redskins team and dominant performances against the Bengals, Jets and Chiefs at home.

Ill take 4-3 start and 1-0 division record .. if you told me that's where we would be at the bye.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:38 pm

bingojoe wrote:This is still a positive start and season for the Steelers. What you all fail to realize is the AFC North is rubbish this year. Over the past 2 weeks the AFC North is 1-7 (with the only win being the Steelers).

The Steelers did play awful in Miami but we were without our top 2 LBs and Ben got hurt mid-game was never right when he returned.

The key game will be versus the Ravens in 3 weeks. If we can win that game, we go 2-0 in the Division with 2 games remaining versus the Brownies.

8-8 or 9-7 might be good enough to make the playoffs this year. The key is to get healthy and hot at the end of the season. It might mean we have to play a wild card game and then go on the road but sobeit.

These guys have already beaten a decent Redskins team and dominant performances against the Bengals, Jets and Chiefs at home.

Ill take 4-3 start and 1-0 division record .. if you told me that's where we would be at the bye.

Spare me this injuries excuse bullshit. Every team deals with injuries. It's not mutually exclusive to The Steelers. But please, tell me how many starters Baltimore was missing when they whipped The Steelers asses in the next to last game of the regular season last year???

Too much of your rah-rah analysis is based on "If's" You don't get anywhere with "If's"

Oh, yeah; And we just lost our franchise QB for X number of weeks, and are stuck with a back-up who couldn't make a CFL roster.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:34 pm

I am tired of the same old from this team. And my response to bingojoe: HUH????

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:33 pm

bingojoe wrote:This is still a positive start and season for the Steelers. What you all fail to realize is the AFC North is rubbish this year. Over the past 2 weeks the AFC North is 1-7 (with the only win being the Steelers).

As everyone is for the most part entitled to their own opinion, I try to avoid ad hominem attacks on this site. I will make an exception in this case. You, sir, are clearly on drugs.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:47 pm

ROFLMAO.....

This sounds like something that big Joe pospano or whatever his handle is on this site would say...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:53 pm

If memory serves me correctly, it was Dan Rooney that vetoed Billy Boy Cohwer to draft BR7. Apparently, since he's in Ireland taking care of Ambassador-ship duties for the Obongo Family he hasn't been around to weigh in on another prime QB draft pick. Thus we get the likes of Laundry Jones and piss poor 2nd string roster players.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby relictele » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:57 am

The NFL and its member clubs are reaping what they have sown.

They hit a rich vein of QB talent for about a 15 year window and decided to reinvent the game based on a finite, time-limited resource. Instead of video games imitating the real thing, the real thing was bent and distorted to imitate video games.

From the league's perspective, fantasy football is just that - it's a fantasy that a bunch of stat geeks and ultra-casual fans occasionally checking their phones/tablets/laptops would be an adequate substitute for season ticket sales, live gate/parking/concessions and loyalty that extends to a 3.5-4 hour window watching games. When you trade a culture for a fleeting distraction you are killing loyalty to the sport/teams.

Obsessive, hyperspecific video study and control freak coaches have all but paralyzed the league. Making it a QB-only league with gelding defenses, a rule book as indecipherable and contradictory as the IRS code and a disincentive to run the ball in almost all situations has produced the outcome that was predictable even if it was undesirable: when QBs go down or are unavailable then the teams suck and the games suck despite being played by the world's best. Cue a ratings nosedive as teams without a QB have no shot and teams who lose their QB go from threatening to lost since there is no Plan B.

The media love nothing more than to dictate storylines, pretend they own the moral high ground and to lecture. Rock musicians go deaf. Bricklayers have callused hands. Football players will get hit, occasionally in the head. There are occupational hazards in every occupation. Nobody lives forever, nobody is as healthy at age 60 as he is at age 20 and consenting adults can and should be allowed to choose how they earn a living without a J-school hack eating a hoagie in the press box unilaterally deciding otherwise.

The players are not without blame, specifically the players' union who agreed to this insane system with its claustrophobic salary cap. The player movement free-for-all serves nobody - not the coaches, not the franchises, not the fans, not the broadcasters and certainly not the players themselves. But they signed the dotted line.

Losing a star QB is a problem, mostly because it exposes all the other problems in the sport.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:28 am

relictele wrote:The NFL and its member clubs are reaping what they have sown.

They hit a rich vein of QB talent for about a 15 year window and decided to reinvent the game based on a finite, time-limited resource. Instead of video games imitating the real thing, the real thing was bent and distorted to imitate video games.

From the league's perspective, fantasy football is just that - it's a fantasy that a bunch of stat geeks and ultra-casual fans occasionally checking their phones/tablets/laptops would be an adequate substitute for season ticket sales, live gate/parking/concessions and loyalty that extends to a 3.5-4 hour window watching games. When you trade a culture for a fleeting distraction you are killing loyalty to the sport/teams.

Obsessive, hyperspecific video study and control freak coaches have all but paralyzed the league. Making it a QB-only league with gelding defenses, a rule book as indecipherable and contradictory as the IRS code and a disincentive to run the ball in almost all situations has produced the outcome that was predictable even if it was undesirable: when QBs go down or are unavailable then the teams suck and the games suck despite being played by the world's best. Cue a ratings nosedive as teams without a QB have no shot and teams who lose their QB go from threatening to lost since there is no Plan B.

The media love nothing more than to dictate storylines, pretend they own the moral high ground and to lecture. Rock musicians go deaf. Bricklayers have callused hands. Football players will get hit, occasionally in the head. There are occupational hazards in every occupation. Nobody lives forever, nobody is as healthy at age 60 as he is at age 20 and consenting adults can and should be allowed to choose how they earn a living without a J-school hack eating a hoagie in the press box unilaterally deciding otherwise.

The players are not without blame, specifically the players' union who agreed to this insane system with its claustrophobic salary cap. The player movement free-for-all serves nobody - not the coaches, not the franchises, not the fans, not the broadcasters and certainly not the players themselves. But they signed the dotted line.

Losing a star QB is a problem, mostly because it exposes all the other problems in the sport.

I couldn't find much to disagree with in your analysis. I have posted a few times regarding the dearth of decent backup QB's in the NFL. Your comments about QB's in the NFL came to my mind as I was watching the Alabama-Tennessee football game that I taped from last Saturday. I am a big fan of the college game and especially the Crimson Tide, but it is very interesting to watch how the QB position has evolved (devolved anybody?) over the years. You mostly have running QB's who will pull the ball down and take off whenever. You also have designed plays for just this type of QB. It was actually Nick Saban himself who decried what football had become several years ago as he watched his always tough defense chasing the scat QB. He is not too stupid to realize that winning championships would require a change in his thinking and it is very evident this year. Very few drop-back traditional read the D QB's in college these days so we get what we get from the farm system. And of course they tell us the RB is not so important anymore. Oh, and Laundry Jones was telling the team not to panic. Kinda funny or sad I suppose.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:27 am

Yeah, "Don't panic." Patriots 48, Steelers 13.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:36 pm

This feels like one of those games where they surprise the shit out of us and end up winning. However, look no further than the next sub .500 opponent for the next loss.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:49 pm

Yeah SoCal I had that brief thought as well, but came back down to earth. Wishful thinking I suppose. Go Pens! :lol:

Next

Return to Stillers Talk