Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Iggles Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Iggles Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:14 pm

Stillers-Iggles Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Practice Squad

Re: Stillers-Iggles Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby fuckNE » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:39 pm

Mill, I have to say......"PAM" is an instant classic one liner/acronym in my world, that is some funny shit...It is a sad day in Stiller Nation when we have grown to expect that this fucking Mutt of a HC continues to drop games against very beatable opponents. Philly came to play and had a game plan for us. Facing a greenhorn QB, there was a plethora of things that could have been done to take advantage.....NOTHING HAPPENED.......

I actually didn't think the defense could be worse than last year, however I am wrong. They are going backwards and there seems to be no end in sight. If NE doesn't score 50 points in a few weeks against us, it will be a victory for the defense.

In my opinion, This team will slop, slather, puke, piss and fart their way to a wildcard spot and we will be stuck with this HC for another stretch. Please tell me of another organization in any sport that would stick by a coach like this MFer??? I don't care what fucking color this guy is, He could be pink with red polka dots and green hair. The Rooney Rule is coming back to haunt us......BB

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:56 am

That was a total ass whipping on Sunday. I stuck with it until the 3rd quarter and shut it off because this wasn't worth wasting your time. So much for Super Bowl talk. That defense is horrible. Can you chalk this game up to just not being prepared? I don't know... this game shows worse tendencies than just lack of preparation. It was a shit show that could repeat itself. I wouldn't put Kansas City in the win column.. Reid has a history of beating Tomlin.

Another point that enrages me.. as Mill points out... keeping starters in a game where you obviously gave up and are getting bum rushed. And using AB as a fucking kick returner. He may break one in 10, but on all returns, he has a very good chance of being lost for the season. When that happens, find something to do on Sunday because wasting your time with this team is not worth the effort.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:24 am

Couldn't agree more. I made a couple comments in the game thread that Mill discussed here as well. The asinine play calling with 3rd or 4th down and 4 or 5 yards and the route is all of 2 or 3 yards. Gotta be kidding. It should be obvious by now that this team is never prepared and the constant "injuries" have me wondering about the toughness of this team or is it lack of conditioning? Every damn time I see Shazier he is wincing and he doesn't really look like he has the size to take the beating he is supposed to dish out. The secondary is as usual god-awful. All this off season talk about beefing up the secondary, yet nothing changes. Just imagine the last 5 years without Ben although he has shown a lot of inconsistencies anymore, the Steelers would be as bad as Cleveland. I guess Tomlin is salivating waiting for LBell to get back on the field. In the end not until the coaching staff is COMPLETELY overhauled will we see anything resembling Steelers football and I am not trying to live in the past. The only emotion I saw was Porter raking the LB's over the coals. What a joke.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:53 am

Interview after the game when asked if injuries hurt them Tomlin says "The 11 on the grass didn't get it done." Wow remarkable grasp of the obvious, but no responsibility on the coaching staff? Same old thing. Say what you want about Belichunk, but that team is ALWAYS ready to play regardless how deep they have to go for players. All because of COACHING!! Sad. :supissed:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:57 am

"The offensive game plan was shit and vomit, with all the creativity of a phone book." - Mill 2016.
I have to start collecting these zingers they are great. :lol:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:59 am

LenSherwood wrote:That was a total ass whipping on Sunday. I stuck with it until the 3rd quarter and shut it off because this wasn't worth wasting your time. So much for Super Bowl talk. That defense is horrible. Can you chalk this game up to just not being prepared? I don't know... this game shows worse tendencies than just lack of preparation. It was a shit show that could repeat itself. I wouldn't put Kansas City in the win column.. Reid has a history of beating Tomlin.

Another point that enrages me.. as Mill points out... keeping starters in a game where you obviously gave up and are getting bum rushed. And using AB as a fucking kick returner. He may break one in 10, but on all returns, he has a very good chance of being lost for the season. When that happens, find something to do on Sunday because wasting your time with this team is not worth the effort.

I have been whining about AB on special teams for 2 years. Again coaching, coaching, coaching........

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:54 am

Thanks for the straight shooting, Mill. I had to laugh when I saw that Steelers.com had the unmitigated fucking audacity to run the "what went RIGHT, what went wrong..." column. I didn't bother reading it, because NOTHING went right.

Six, I do chalk this up to a complete lack of preparation. I have never seen a more bi-polar team in my four-plus decades of fanmanship. You never know who's gonna show up (unless you're Mill, and you predicted this shit show.) Next week will be a big test, not just because KC is a decent team and Reid is a good coach, but because this team has got to pull their heads out of their collective asses and get back to fundamental football.

Coaches need to gameplan better, from play selection to player selection.
"Let it happen in front of you and make the tackle" is a great way to ensure that you don't get beat deep, but NOT IF YOU DON'T MAKE THE FUCKING TACKLE!!!
Where was the fucking running game? Why did we treat Wheaton like Jerry Fucking Rice? How come not one of our linebackers (save Deebo on a couple plays) has any idea how to pressure a QB? A ROOKIE QB???
Did I mention TACKLING??? Also, I don't recall Ben being so COMPLETELY OFF two games in a row.

For the first time in recent memory, I shut this one off, as soon as BR7's idiotic fumble was recovered by the D in the mid 3Q. I have shit to do.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:55 am

Shut the game off at half time. Life is too fucking short to waste my time on this garbage. That goes for the entire NFL. This league has turned into a pile of steaming, maggot infested excrement. It's hard to get excited about pea-brained assholes shoving political views down my throat and 90% of game time is spent on commercials, time-outs, reviews, replays, and ass scratching.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:15 am

SoCal Stiller wrote:Shut the game off at half time. Life is too fucking short to waste my time on this garbage. That goes for the entire NFL. This league has turned into a pile of steaming, maggot infested excrement. It's hard to get excited about pea-brained assholes shoving political views down my throat and 90% of game time is spent on commercials, time-outs, reviews, replays, and ass scratching.

NHL starts soon right SoCal?

Seasoned Veteran

Postby pinpon » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:09 pm

Mill called this as stated. Chickillo needs more snaps. The last two games he has only gotten a handful of snaps and has been around the QB. Might as well pull the plug on the Jarvis Jones experiment. He has had enough chances. I had a feeling the crap secondary would rear it's ugly head at some point. Brady will shred this defense. SB talk was way to premature.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:18 pm

-I don't know who had the worse defensive performance this past weekend; Pitt or The Steelers? At least The Pitt game was watchable all the way, and their players didn't quit half of the way through.

-Keith Butler is a fraud. All that hype about The Steelers blocking other teams from getting their hands on him, and this is what he delivers?!? Perhaps if Tomlin didn't run this team like a Mom and Pop Store and went outside to hire a proven D.C.,(See this Eagle team), this shit wouldn't be happening. Then again given Tomlin's penchant for piss poor talent evaluation, it likely wouldn't have done any good.

-Speaking of Toolbag Tomlin, remember a few years ago when he'd pull RB's after they fumbled? What P.A.M. did was basically the same thing,(and no, the "he's rusty" excuse doesn't wash), and should've been yanked from the game entirely after his 2nd drop. Of course with Rogers getting hurt, it was all moot.

-And nice to know another draft pick was wasted in trading for a guy in CB Justin Gilbert they don't plan on playing. And I don't want to hear the "He's still learning the playbook" bullshit like they're trying to teach a retard advanced physics. They apparently learned absolutely nothing from The Boykin deal. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:13 pm

Thoroughly enjoy reading the analysis and comments on this site. There is no putting lipstick on that pig game. Steelers believing all the hype about themselves, but preseason should have told them this was possible...
Must be that Ben got hurt in the Skins game because he has missed many throws these last 2 games, including the first one to Wheaton. Wheaton had to stop and wait for the ball.
Heres what bothers me about the Buttler: Schwartz takes what he has and turns it into a formidable and nasty D. As he did in Buffalo. The Buttler amplifies one of the weakest hitters in football to star of the D. Shazier is suited for chasing scramblers or fast RBs, should have been shadowing Sproles.
It was clear this D was gassed by halftime. This was the recurring nightmare of LeBonehead's "Tackle the Catch". This Steeler team is going to set the NFL record for least sacks in 16 game season, this is where I get to use the term fuking enraged and I mean i am FUKING ENRAGED! Secondary does not matter with tissue strength Dline, although Cockerell seems to find the ball well. Steeler D and head coaches need to stop playing cutsies with 2-4-5 or 2-6-3. Put up 4 man front and get rid of NonCoach mitchell. He flat out sux, and Mr Buttler you have no defensive mind. Head Coach Haley, DC T, and cut Coldbert and replace her with Lake.

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby Steelers4Tim » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:37 pm

StillMill wrote:http://stillers.com/Article/View/205f7e49-fa00-4fb6-9ff7-15b7d58a526a has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

I'm 150% behind Mill on this one. This team QUIT, plain and simple. Some of the local media are telling folks to "relax" and all that crap, and I call bullshit. There is no relaxing when a team quits. I saw multiple teams from the late 80's and early 90's filled with pussies up and down the roster, but at least most of them never quit, minus an opener one year against the Shitstains.
Tomlin needs to drop the fucking hammer on these goons sometimes, but I'm not sure he is capable. Hell, even Bill Billichump loses a game once in a while, but at least it's not because he didn't prepare them. How many fucking games has Tomlin cost us because he's a passive, unprepared, non-scheming pussy? I lost count years ago.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:33 am

I sent a question to Labriola on "Asked and not answered" regarding the complete lack of preparation by the coaching staff and got dead air in response. The mainstream media wants to brush this under the rug so that the party line can still be foisted upon us. If the Steelers were my girlfriend, last weekend counted as cheating on me. There's gonna have to be a ton of hummers to make up for it...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:59 pm

isfry wrote:I sent a question to Labriola on "Asked and not answered" regarding the complete lack of preparation by the coaching staff and got dead air in response. The mainstream media wants to brush this under the rug so that the party line can still be foisted upon us. If the Steelers were my girlfriend, last weekend counted as cheating on me. There's gonna have to be a ton of hummers to make up for it...

Not surprising at all. I was watching "The Nightly Sports Call" with Bob Pompeani and former Steeler Chris Hoke last Sunday after the game. Several callers pointed out the complete lack of prep., and being badly out coached by The Eagles. While both agreed, they quickly moved on when callers pointed out the obvious.

The sports media in this city is akin to the mainstream media in their "impartiality" re: Obama and Clinton, if not dare I say worse. Could you imagine how typical Tomlin games like this would go over in places like N.Y., Boston, or L.A.?

Practice Squad

Postby Denimcurtain » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:54 am

With the Patriots getting shut out by the Bills and the Steelers having a pretty nice game this week, y'all down to say that there was a bit of an overreaction. Or at least admit that the whole 'this would never happen to Bill B' is bunk. Don't have to stop being upset about the performance here but some perspective on how hard it would be to find a coach that has sustained similar levels of success as Tomlin over a period of time would be nice. He has his ugly flaws but it'd be tough to find a better coach who isn't already employed.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:06 am

Denimcurtain wrote:With the Patriots getting shut out by the Bills and the Steelers having a pretty nice game this week, y'all down to say that there was a bit of an overreaction. Or at least admit that the whole 'this would never happen to Bill B' is bunk. Don't have to stop being upset about the performance here but some perspective on how hard it would be to find a coach that has sustained similar levels of success as Tomlin over a period of time would be nice. He has his ugly flaws but it'd be tough to find a better coach who isn't already employed.

First of all, the Patriots got beat with their ROOKIE THIRD STRING QUARTERBACK. Second, winning the Chiefs game didn't wash the stink off the Eagles game, it only highlighted the fact that this team is stocked with talent. It makes shitting the bed like they did in Philly (and like they do once or twice a year) LESS excusable, not more. There has been no overreaction.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:03 pm

isfry wrote:
Denimcurtain wrote:With the Patriots getting shut out by the Bills and the Steelers having a pretty nice game this week, y'all down to say that there was a bit of an overreaction. Or at least admit that the whole 'this would never happen to Bill B' is bunk. Don't have to stop being upset about the performance here but some perspective on how hard it would be to find a coach that has sustained similar levels of success as Tomlin over a period of time would be nice. He has his ugly flaws but it'd be tough to find a better coach who isn't already employed.

First of all, the Patriots got beat with their ROOKIE THIRD STRING QUARTERBACK. Second, winning the Chiefs game didn't wash the stink off the Eagles game, it only highlighted the fact that this team is stocked with talent. It makes shitting the bed like they did in Philly (and like they do once or twice a year) LESS excusable, not more. There has been no overreaction.

Yes. What he said :suplusone:

Practice Squad

Postby Denimcurtain » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:24 pm

I don't disagree about the Eagles game being bad and that the Patriots losing with their 3rd string is not an indictment of Bill B. The degrees are completely different but it points to a larger trend that even the best teams have off games. For example, we didn't get shut out when we were going through quarterbacks like hotcakes and New England looked like it might go 4-0 before it met the Bills. Our off game with the Eagles is much worse than New England's but now we're both 3-1 with their loss being in division. I'd give Bill an edge as a better coach than Tomlin but this shows he is not immune to let down games and we wouldn't get Bill if we canned Tomlin anyways. Tomlin, for all his flaws, hasn't had a losing season and has won a superbowl. This year he has put together a talented 3-1 team that just showed it can bounce back from a bad loss with a fairly terrific performance. It doesn't wash the stink off from the Eagles game but it shows what kind of team that Tomlin can field. Not many coaches can get a team to perform that way. Any person we tried to replace Tomlin with would still have those bad games and would almost certainly be a step down.

Next

Return to Stillers Talk