Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Ben sucked!!

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Seasoned Veteran

Ben sucked!!

Postby Steelhope » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:37 pm

This loss is on Ben.

Defense was excellant.

...it probably wouldn't hurt to have somebody practice long snaps either

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Ben sucked!!

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:53 pm

TOLD YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greenhorned Rookie

Postby SteelerPower » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:01 pm

I blame the game on play-calling, some on Ben but most on Dickhead Arians. Why did we let Wisenhut go?

Practice Squad

Postby deathwind » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:04 pm

I am a big fan of Ben but he did shit the bed today. That being said, if Willie dont hold on the bomb to Nate, we win that game. :supissed:

Seasoned Veteran

Postby UncleDick » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:13 pm

deathwind wrote:I am a big fan of Ben but he did shit the bed today. That being said, if Willie dont hold on the bomb to Nate, we win that game. :supissed:

Colon cant block without holding.

And Starks is a fucking worthless piece of shit.

Practice Squad

Postby deathwind » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:17 pm

UncleDick wrote:
deathwind wrote:I am a big fan of Ben but he did shit the bed today. That being said, if Willie dont hold on the bomb to Nate, we win that game. :supissed:

Colon cant block without holding.

And Starks is a fucking worthless piece of shit.

Agreed. All in all, Im not devastated by this loss. Just one that got away.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby indysteel » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:19 pm

The "D" did good....Ben was off.....the question is.......how bad is this going to get as the schedule DOES NOT get easier.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:21 pm

indysteel wrote:The "D" did good....Ben was off.....the question is.......how bad is this going to get as the schedule DOES NOT get easier.

Its going to get so bad that Ben will get benched or hurt and Leftwich will come and save our season. WATCH
You guys ALWAYS say I'm wrong but time will tell again.

Practice Squad

Postby ktm5411 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:22 pm

Ben didn't play very well at all, but Arians called a terrible second half. He tried to wait it out as usual, depending on the defense and in doing so giving the Giants a short field. Mewelde left Mewelde right isn't going to cut it when you're not up by much. Also not having Holmes changes the way defenses cover our offense, however if Ben wants to be an elite qb he's got to be able to pick the team up and lead them, he was a liability at some points today.

Practice Squad

Postby deathwind » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:24 pm

indysteel wrote:The "D" did good....Ben was off.....the question is.......how bad is this going to get as the schedule DOES NOT get easier.

Come on. Washington? Indy? New England? Im not worried.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:27 pm

ktm5411 wrote:Ben didn't play very well at all, but Arians called a terrible second half. He tried to wait it out as usual, depending on the defense and in doing so giving the Giants a short field. Mewelde left Mewelde right isn't going to cut it when you're not up by much. Also not having Holmes changes the way defenses cover our offense, however if Ben wants to be an elite qb he's got to be able to pick the team up and lead them, he was a liability at some points today.

FINALLY AN HONEST BLOGGER

Practice Squad

Postby l33tDad » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:39 pm

I will concede that Ben sucked today, however Arians calling plays "not to lose" in the 2nd half was once again pissing me off. When the hell will we see the Steelers put someone away and not playing to just hold a lead??? I mean we've got a hell of a defense, but it's the offense which puts points on the damn board.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steelhope » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:43 pm

schedule does not get easier and we had A LOT of injuries today

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Steelhope » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:46 pm

Scalaid6 wrote:

Its going to get so bad that Ben will get benched or hurt and Leftwich will come and save our season. WATCH

I'd rather see Dixon than Leftwich....Leftwich throws a bullet but he can't evade the rush

Grizzled Veteran

Postby shawnlucas » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:51 pm

There were just far too many mistakes to overcome in the game.

4 INTs.

Holding Call on the bomb to Nate.

Long snap through the end zone for a safety.

The defense, as usual, played inspired.

The offense is just inconsistent as all hell.

It's frustrating to watch.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:20 pm

When we do good Ben is calling the plays. When we dont its Arians calling them. IM CONFUSED :celebrate:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Scalaid6 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:29 pm

Steelhope wrote:
Scalaid6 wrote:

I'd rather see Dixon than Leftwich....Leftwich throws a bullet but he can't evade the rush

Neither can Eli nor Marino and you dont need to, if you get the ball out quickly, thats the key and he does that.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Homer J » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:53 pm

Damn it, Scalaid, you were right. As Lincoln said of his failed field General McClelland, "he has a bad case of the slows."

So does Ben. Slow to read. Slow to recognize. Slow to release.

And there were way too many coverage sacks today. There were times he had five seconds - or more - and still couldn't find anyone.

Before Nate's first touchdown, there was a play where he was in the clear by 15 yards and Ben didn't see him - finally, when he did see him and threw the jump ball, Washington had a crowd around him.

The word around the league is that if you put enough pressure on him, he will beat himself. That he won't pick up the quick read or the hot read...and won't throw the ball away. That was the case against Philly, and again today.

He needs a new offensive coordinator, one who adjusts to his strengths and weaknesses. He still has the ability to be an elite quarterback. He's strong, accurate, has a rifle for an arm, and a nice soft touch.

However, it also seemed to me that there was something wrong with his throwing. We all saw the left thumb getting wrapped. But was there something wrong with the right hand? Were they masking something?? Just wondering.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby BigE » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:20 pm

Agreed. Ben still holds the ball way too fucking long. 2 of the int's were not his fault though. Even though he was hit hard, Nate needs to catch that ball, and then the hail mary at the end. However, did you notice the quarterback from the other team, finished the game with not one ounce of dirt on his uniform. Makes me want to puke seeing all these other frachise qb's get solid offensive lines around them and ours sucks bull balls. Colon is a big fat oaf, every game this asshole has 1 or 2 false starts and a holding penalty or 2 that negate big plays. Starks is absolutely worthless. But, once again a team like NY or Philly or any team that can pressure the passer will probably beat us. The defense played outstanding, how much can you ask of these guys every Sunday. They didn't get any sacks, but the Giants had the ball inside the Stiller 10 yard line on 6 different occasions and only scored 1 td, that's pretty good. Arians still sucks in big games, and i'm becoming more unimpressed with the win against Jacksonville, they were beat by the pathetic Browns today. At best the Stillers will be 10-6 this year and their injuries are going to come back and bite them.

Practice Squad

Postby derfsandmuskie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:40 pm

Let's not forget Wards fine game as well. Two stupid penaltys, the last being very costly and a dropped ball after running his route to short. WTF Hines!
Derfsandmuskie=aboyandhisdog

Next

Return to Stillers Talk