Register

Board index » NCAA and Pre-Draft Football Forum » Pitts fans...is Pitt Over-hyped?

Talk about PITT, PSU, WVU or any other college football programs, and discuss Stiller draft prospects
Stillers.com Team

Pitts fans...is Pitt Over-hyped?

Postby trenches » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:13 pm

This topic was on ESPN Radio earlier today (Sunday). Do you think Pitt is over-hyped right now? There do seem to be high expectations and Dave W. is a conservative coach so I'm still not a believer that he'll be the answer for the program. What are your thoughts?

I think Shady McCoy is the man.... regardless of what happens to the team. I love watching him run! :celebrate:

Seasoned Veteran

Re: Pitts fans...is Pitt Over-hyped?

Postby Crosby4Life » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:52 pm

trenches wrote:This topic was on ESPN Radio earlier today (Sunday). Do you think Pitt is over-hyped right now? There do seem to be high expectations and Dave W. is a conservative coach so I'm still not a believer that he'll be the answer for the program. What are your thoughts?

I think Shady McCoy is the man.... regardless of what happens to the team. I love watching him run! :celebrate:

I'm trying to figure out why those high expectations for Wanny were there in the first place. What the hell has he done during his career to give people confidence in him? OK, he coached one of the best defenses in the league with Dallas. But, if you read down that roster, it's a Who's Who of dominant players in the early 90's.

After that, he's done nothing but lose.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby Crosby4Life » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:56 pm

Addendum to my previous post:

I suppose having an ex-NFL coach could potentially improve recruiting. But if your head coach doesn't know what he's doing, a slight bump in talent really doesn't get you too far.

Stillers.com Team

Postby trenches » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:46 pm

Crosby4Life,

I agree about the recruiting part... it's worth something but is only part of the puzzle.

As for your original post, I also agree. I don't know where the hype comes from. Also, I think he is too conservative to be successful. You need to take some risks and need to be aggressive to take a team to an upper echelon. I don't see it happening under DW.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby jstallworth82 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:22 pm

Well over-hyped? They friggin lost to Bowling Green. Who ranked them 25th ? ?
Dave W. is a nice guy but has no business as a college football HC. He has done absolutely nothing. He has had some decent talent and still hasnt managed to play to that level except for 1 game. His team consistantly looses to teams they should destroy. The only constant is loosing. If I am now the Athletic Director he is on the carpet. If they do not have a good year and contend for a bowl he is definitely gone. 6 - 5 doesnt cut it 10-2 maybe 9-3 but anythingless and bye bye. He sucks as a HC. His Offense sucks His Defense sucks I could do better and if I didnt I would quit rather than run a program into the ground. He is too damn conservative and too far behind his peers.

Return to NCAA and Pre-Draft Football Forum