Talk about what's going on around the rest of the NFL
Stillers.com Team

Saints vs. Vikings Game Thread

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:24 pm

any case anyone wants to talk about it.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: Saints vs. Vikings Game Thread

Postby Fire Arians » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:30 pm

go vikings (though i think saints are gonna win)

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:48 pm

good football game to watch

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Fire Arians » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:08 pm

favre needs to be taken out of the game, hes going to get himself killed

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Fire Arians » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:21 pm

great game but i hate to see the outcome decided by bullshit penalties. pass interference on an uncatchable throw?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby StillDodger » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:06 am

That final Dike possession in regulation was maybe the worst end-of-game clock management I've ever seen. They had the ball with a full minute and two timeouts on the NO 33 (give or take a yard), and they run two rush plays to run down the clock. At the edge of FG range. Then the 12 man penalty, and the Favre pick. What were the coaches thinking?

I'm not all that upset, however. I didn't want that drama queen Favre playing in another SB.
Whenever Tom Brady loses, it's always someone else's fault.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelcitymetal » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:53 am

another nfc championship game-losing interception by favre to haunt his dreams for the rest of his life.

poor guy. he just wants to leave on a high note, but he's throwing the ball like he's got 20 years left.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby madmoney125 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:35 pm

Some of the worse officiating I've seen. I thought it was a penalty now to hit the quarterback in the legs when you were laying on the ground now? Which happened on the play Brett got hurt and threw a pick. Don't even need to mention the PI in overtime where the guy just fell down backpedaling on an uncatchable ball. Sigh, shame a good game has to end like that.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelcitymetal » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:32 pm

madmoney125 wrote:Some of the worse officiating I've seen. I thought it was a penalty now to hit the quarterback in the legs when you were laying on the ground now? Which happened on the play Brett got hurt and threw a pick. Don't even need to mention the PI in overtime where the guy just fell down backpedaling on an uncatchable ball. Sigh, shame a good game has to end like that.

i agree.

plus, on the 4th and 1 play for the saints in overtime, there is no possible way the spot could be upheld, because he lost control of the ball in the air, and thus immediately loses all forward progress until he regains possession of the ball.

about hitting the quarterback at/below the knees... i think the rule is that if you are on the ground, you have to get up first then tackle him. i don't remember offhand if the defender was completely knocked to the ground, or on his way to the ground, and dove at favre's knees in the process.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby No l Gravity l » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:57 pm

If that hit on Favre wasn't a chop block, I don't know what is

Practice Squad

Postby bingo4 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:31 pm

one baby that i am especially excited to meet is Harper Lee Moore who will be gracing us with her presence in just a few days! here’s a look at the invitations i made for her baby shower invitations
With the opening of our Studio Be Pilates Annex coming soon, and the launch of our bar method classes, I think it’s time for a little history lesson on The Bar Method.
What if you could have a 60-day total body toning and conditioning workout that works for the long term? There is a long list of "forbidden foods. The good news is you can buy Shaun T's insanity workout schedule right here from this web site and have it delivered right to your door step in usually 5-7 days.
The p90x workout schedule program isn’t just a pair of 12 work out DVDs. It is an entire 90-Day plan that also features the P90x nutrition plan and offers you a detailed training plan and guidelines. You can expect to see a lower body fat percentage and an overall higher level of fitness, If you follow these instructions and the exercise program properly.

Return to NFL Forum