Register

Board index » NFL Forum » Oakland Raiders Draft Board

Talk about what's going on around the rest of the NFL
Seasoned Veteran

Oakland Raiders Draft Board

Postby GCCSteel » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:11 pm

I have some inside knowledge I have received through spy techniques on Al Davis' compound: Their 2009 Draft board.

Al Davis' Super Secret Draft Board:
1. Darrius Heyward-Bey
2. Ussain Bolt
3. Michael Phelps
4. A cheetah
5. A racecar

Seriously, what is his infatuation with speed. I have no problem with them liking Heyward-Bey, but he was a mid to late first round grade. Get value out of the pick. This reminds me of the situation with Ted Ginn, they liked him best, but wasted value by picking him so high.

Stillers.com Team

Re: Oakland Raiders Draft Board

Postby thesteelhammer » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:03 pm

Just Win Baby. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelcitymetal » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:43 pm

you teach that cheetah to catch a ball in his teeth and you've got an unstoppable punt returner.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:45 pm

Al Davis has lost his mind

2nd round pick proves it.
Kipers 71st rated Saftey

Once again, Oakland opts to go for a Combine/workout standout. Mitchell is a rather unknown safety prospect, a real reach at this spot. Al Davis coudn't resist going for another speedster. If 40 times decided a good draft, the Raiders would be in the lead.

http://warroom.sportingnews.com/nfl/draft/2009/players/8844.html

POST-DRAFT ANALYSIS:

(No. 47 overall, Raiders) We were joking before the pick as to who had the best Combine numbers. Lo and behold, the Raiders took someone completely off the grid who had great Combine numbers.

PRE-DRAFT ANALYSIS:

Mitchell has been a steady force at safety for Ohio, but he must play close to the line to be effective. His problems in coverage will prevent him from ever getting regular playing time in the NFL; he struggles to stay with anyone, showing stiff hips, and rarely makes plays on the ball. His lack of size also hurts him against bigger, stronger athletes. Mitchell projects as a free-agent pickup for a team in need of a backup who contributes in short-yardage run support situations and on special teams.

Return to NFL Forum