Register

Board index » NFL Forum » terrell owens released by cowboys

Talk about what's going on around the rest of the NFL
Practice Squad

terrell owens released by cowboys

Postby stillthere » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:29 am

to got the boot from big d. just saw it on sports center no links or articles yet.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: terrell owens released by cowboys

Postby Steel Holiday » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:34 am

Sucks to be T.O.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelerette » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:51 pm

Heard he didn't show up for the first Bills' voluntary workout yesterday or some such thing. Yeah, it is a voluntary workout, but one would think the cancerous T.O. would have wanted to be there given that he's with a new team. The Bills are such suckers. T.O. is a cancer.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:30 pm

steelerette wrote:Heard he didn't show up for the first Bills' voluntary workout yesterday or some such thing. Yeah, it is a voluntary workout, but one would think the cancerous T.O. would have wanted to be there given that he's with a new team. The Bills are such suckers. T.O. is a cancer.

Maybe T.O. forgot.
Maybe there is an explination for him missing.
Maybe a medical explination.

ESPN.com reports Buffalo Bills WR Terrell Owens is in Washington, D.C., attending the sixth annual National Alzheimer's Gala. Owens will receive Wednesday, March 25, the Alzheimer's Association's first Young Champions Award for raising awareness in the fight against the disease. Owens' grandmother, Alice Black, has Alzheimer's. "Alzheimer's is the seventh-leading cause of death in the United States," Owens said in a statement. "Alzheimer's has affected my own family, so I understand firsthand the impact of this disease. I am proud to support the Alzheimer's Association as they educate people on the realities of Alzheimer's disease so we can inspire enough support to stop it."

Seriously though, ProFootballWeekly says this is why he missed.
Owens has a pretty good reason for missing the start of the Bills' voluntary offseason conditioning program this week. The star receiver is in Washington, D.C., attending the sixth annual National Alzheimer's Gala. He'll receive the Alzheimer's Association's first Young Champions Award on Wednesday night for raising awareness in the fight against the disease. Owens' grandmother has Alzheimer's.
Owens, who signed with the Bills on March 7, made headlines Monday when he was one of several players who didn't show up for the start of the team's 12-week voluntary workout program. Among the others being honored are French President Nicolas Sarkozy, Democratic Sen. Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia and his wife, Sharon Percy Rockefeller.

Of course if I were a GM, I wouldn't want my players hanging out with wimps like the president of France.

Return to NFL Forum