Register

Board index » NFL Forum » The unreviewable kick to the Eagles?

Talk about what's going on around the rest of the NFL
Practice Squad

The unreviewable kick to the Eagles?

Postby bleedingB&G » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:17 am

What was up with that? Was he OB when the ball hit him? It seems like it was just dropped after they said it wasn't challengeable. The ball never seemed to go OB.

Grizzled Veteran

Re: The unreviewable kick to the Eagles?

Postby steelcitymetal » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:36 pm

i guess because of the way it was ruled on the field, it was not reviewable. but i am always amazed at what is and isn't reviewable.

i found out earlier this season that if a kick returner goes out of bounds first, then touches the ball while still out of bounds, it is a penalty on the kicking team and the ball goes to the 40. (just as if it had been kicked out of bounds on its own)

so i must assume that they think the ball touched the eagles player on its way down and then hit out of bounds. unfortunately, the ball did not hit on its way down and never did go out of bounds. if the ball hit the eagles player after it bounced and after the eagles player's foot was out of bounds, then it should have been spotted at the 40. i didn't see any replay that showed whether the ball ever hit him or not after the bounce.

but i think they should have been able to challenge it to see if the ball hit him before or after he was out of bounds, since that would change the spot.

i guess i'll have to wait for nfl network's show "Official Review" to see an explanation from vp of officiating

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:46 pm

Some really bad officiating in both championship games.
Hope they get it right for the big game

Grizzled Veteran

Postby steelcitymetal » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:51 pm

thesteelhammer wrote:Some really bad officiating in both championship games.
Hope they get it right for the big game

lord knows everyone will be waiting/watching for some pittsburgh bias in the reffing.

people who still complain about the officiating in SB XL make me want to :sushootem:

Return to NFL Forum