Register

Board index » Stillers Talk » Stillers-Colts Postgame Analysis and Grades

Anything and everything about the Pittsburgh Steelers
Stillers.com Team

Stillers-Colts Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby StillMill » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:39 am

Stillers-Colts Postgame Analysis and Grades has been posted by Still Mill at Stillers.com.

Practice Squad

Re: Stillers-Colts Postgame Analysis and Grades

Postby fuckNE » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:35 am

Well done Mill. Once again, the sun shines on a dogs ass twice a day or however the saying goes. The ridiculous dancing and celebrating of these players penalized the team as a whole and the effects were glowing after the kickoff return and field flip. How the hell HIIC (Head Idiot In Charge) never addresses this bullshit or is even held accountable is a disgrace. Why should we ever be surprised? Momlin is treated like the only grandchild in the family throwing a temper tantrum at Thanksgiving dinner. He knocks the Turkey off of the table and told it is ok and we are all forced to eat frozen fucking fishsticks....

Game Notes:

Missing in Action: You hit the nail on the head with Jesse James and Buck Rodgers. Happy to see Croissant was MIA, he still scares me when he gets any touches. Where O Where is Vince Williams???

Out with the Garbage: Cockring, Jarvis Jones and William Gay need to go open a chicken and waffle stand.....ASAP They can take that POS Special Teams coach Smith as a dishwasher....get the F out...

Hard Hat: I miss the days when Mill awarded a hard hat. I would have to say Hargrave could have been a choice.

There is a positive group in Davis, Burns, Hargrave and Tuitt. Unfortunately they have shitty coaches and coordinator. This defense shows flashes of hope then the reality sets in when the all too often big play occurs. It is the new norm we are used to. Just not Steeler defense anymore.....

Seasoned Veteran

Postby fred » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:20 pm

Thanks for the forum. You get us out the gate and barreling down the sidelines with spot on takes. NFL football is a show. Ben knows this, the refs know how their bread is buttered. The refs threw many flags to keep the made for tv audience from switching to Leave it to Beaver reruns, mostly on the Black and Gold. Ben knows that the most exciting play in football is the long bomb and otherwise Ben and Haley's O just toyed with Indy. Collinsworth pointed out how Ben watches the safety and determines that he is going either long or back shoulder before the ball is snapped.
Can't agree more Hargrave is starting to show, Shazier did have critical play on a second(?) and goal. Don't understand Kissmyassler... find something that works one game and therefore abandon it the next game? Hopefully he is holding his cards until he really needs them.
I think that the Steelers played with the Dolts, however given the intellectual genius of coaching we have come to know the last decade, as you say, the Steelers fans weren't sure of anything until ABs 3rd td grab.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:57 pm

-Good review as usual. Don't disagree with anything you wrote.

-Yeah, that 3rd and 2 bomb to Coates early in the 4th enraged me as well. That is a low percentage play even if Coates didn't have 2 broken fingers. It just screamed for a PAP, or a just spread them out formation. It would've been 1 thing if they were in chip shot FG range; It's quite another to call that moronic play when you are at mid-field.

-The Defense? Um, yeah. While some kool-aid drinkers and sheep media members will shit all over themselves about only giving up 7 points or those 2 goal-line stands, a simple look at how that came about should scare the hell out of you. I mean, give credit where it's due for the 2 GL stands, but also remember who you were playing. That non-TD march that went on forever in the 2nd half angered me as well, particularly Cock-smell giving up that 3rd and 15 deep in Colts territory. My foot almost went through the T.V. on that one. Why Burns and Gay aren't the starting CBs is beyond me.

Seasoned Veteran

Postby pinpon » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:27 pm

Thank you Mill for your work. Really disheartening watching this team. Egg lays have become the norm and the defense is putrid. NYG will give us a good test to see if any progress has made. The little pressure we get has gone against crap teams. I guess it is good wrestling season started. No longer have to suffer watching the Steelers. Instead I will just watch my son wrestle and not listen to instructions. Kinda the same I guess.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:22 pm

Thanks, Mill. Good write up, as usual. This game was such a typical slopfest versus a middle of the road, brutalized opponent. Tomlin, I'm sure, is till sucking his own dick for the "dominant performance." I am so sickened by the lack of coaching and heart on this team (see, losses to Miami and Baltimore, blowing a 4 point lead to the Cowboys with 45 seconds left AT HOME, failing to be ready for an obvious fake punt situation against Indy, did I mention losses to Miami and Baltimore???) that I can't take them remotely seriously anymore.

Maybe I'm late to the reality train (certainly there are those on this forum who boarded before me) but I just can't stomach Tomlin, the mainstream media, Steelers.com, Bob Labrioloa, ESPN, the NFL Network, or anything else that wants me to believe for a millisecond that this team is anything other than a talented group of poorly coached, undisciplined jackoffs who are content to never rise above mediocrity.

As someone around here says, the rot starts at the top. Get a good coach with an actual game plan and a sense of discipline and do it before all the talent leaves the roster. Look what happened practically overnight in Oakland. Ben is better than Carr, AB is better than Cooper, and Bell is better than Murray. When push comes to shove, though, and the game is on the line, we make gaffes and shoot ourselves in the foot and teams like the Raiders make plays and win games. COACHING. Tomlin couldn't carry DelRio's jock, let alone Belicheck's or Harbaugh's. Until Tomlin goes, this team will not win anything of significance. Period.

But I still predict we win out, finish 11-5, beat the Patriots in the AFCC in Foxboro and beat the Cowboys by a 2-pointer in the SB...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby relictele » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:00 am

Tomlin spends night and day burnishing his credentials as The Man In Control. He thinks he's omnipotent and his tight-lipped responses to any and all media inquiries are, by now, a silly pantomime that the media simply laugh at despite their willing participation.

The AB penalties, among others, are proof that Tomlin is either incapable of the discipline he constantly talks about or that he's simply lying.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:13 pm

Spot on as usual Still. Lets be realistic. Our defense is average at best. If we are lucky enough to win the division,
the chances of advancing is slim to none, due to our weak D and not knowing which Ben is going to show up.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby SoCal Stiller » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:21 am

This game proves that the Steelers would be a better defense using the 4-3. Hargrave is not fat Casey and should not even try to be used in that role. Look what happens when you allow him to actually rush the passer. V. Williams, Moats, or Dupree would make a fine DL edge rusher along with Heyward (next season), Tuitt, and Hargrave to complete the front 4.

Return to Stillers Talk