Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » GAME THREAD: Steelers vs. Patriots 10-23-16

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Grizzled Veteran

Re: GAME THREAD: Steelers vs. Patriots 10-23-16

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:13 pm

I would have never said this before the game and y'all might say I am nuts, but dare I say it this game looked winnable. And that is all I have to say now.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:07 pm

Steelerssix wrote:I would have never said this before the game and y'all might say I am nuts, but dare I say it this game looked winnable. And that is all I have to say now.

It WAS winnable. I myopically saw two potential outcomes to this game: losing miserably (95% chance) or surprisingly winning, as you pointed out a couple days ago (5% chance.)

I, of course, failed to see option three: stay just enough in it to keep my interest and my hopes up only to dash them in the 4Q. From now on I will expect whatever could be the most torturous outcome to be the outcome.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:19 am

isfry - I believe it was SoCal that first mentioned the possibility of a Steelers win posted near the end of the Stillers-Dolphs analysis thread and I echoed his sentiments, but you are correct it was winnable. I don't know if the pats thought this would be a cakewalk or if the Steelers actually believed (for a while) they could win. It appeared they had some confidence until as you say the 4Q. BTW isfry you are starting to use big words (myopically) to articulate your position just like the philosopher PGHeaven. Better than coffee in the early AM! :lol:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:03 pm

Word of the day toilet paper.

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum