Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » PLAYOFF GAME THREAD: Steelers vs. Bengals 1-9-16

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Grizzled Veteran

Re: PLAYOFF GAME THREAD: Steelers vs. Bengals 1-9-16

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:32 am

Damn shame.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:36 am

Need to find a decent backup QB one day.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Stillerman » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:46 am

How the hell do you run it on 3rd and 7 with 30 seconds left. How does that happen?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:52 am

I say it again Burfict is garbage and he should have been ejected from the game period.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:53 am

Boswell MVP.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:59 am

What a stunning victory. Could be a costly one though. Ben was vague in his replies.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:02 am

It was nice to beat that fucking thug team that is all I can say. I don't have any real hopes for the post season and it looks like it ends next week because Ben is hurt.. "All I can say is we won the game."

Mill you give Ben the Hard Hat... he showed fucking GUTS to go back out there.

And Stiller Six Boswell is the MVP... another hard hat Mill...

And a Hard Hat to Shazier for forcing that fumble and that hit.

Fuck that city and its fucking low life team in Cincinnati

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:03 am

Un fucking believable....

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:15 am

Maybe the strangest game I've ever seen. I think BR7 will be OK for next week, as will AB (I hope.) Burfict should be fined, suspended, and charged in criminal court. Period. I also agree with what Cowher said after the game. That bullshit is on the head coach.

P.S. if William Gay's gay-ass dance on a TD that never happened is a 15 yard penalty, how does Burfict run off the field, up the ramp, and into the locker room with the ball after the Jones pick without so much as a stern look from anyone? Jus sayin...

Injury report is gonna tell a lot about our chances next week. I'm just glad the feline felons get to go home early...again. Adam Jones crying on the sideline was my Super Bowl.

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:22 am

Game was more like a crime scene where the judge ruled in our favor. Anyone catch Porter out there grinning? Like Tombstone when Doc Holiday winks at the red shirt.

Boswell - MVP

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:23 am

I agree with you isfry especially the crap about Gay preening and Burfict's crap. I hate that team right now. I doubt AB will play because he will most likely be on concussion protocol after that thug playing the "knockout" game. AB looked like a bobble head as he fell. I can't believe he got back up. Burfict should be out of the game altogether if the NFL means what they say. He clearly is not a clean player. Back to the 15 yd. penalty on Gay. Please explain that to me somebody, anybody. And the Shazier fumble that wasn't a recovery TD? Someone smarter than me? I don't think I have seen the Steelers play with so much passion, heart, backbone or whatever you want to call it. Strange game is right isfry. Already reading some comments from the decent Bengal fans admitting their embarassment at that team and congratulating the Steelers. Some class there somewhere at least.

:subngtowl:

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:23 am

isfry wrote:Maybe the strangest game I've ever seen. I think BR7 will be OK for next week, as will AB (I hope.) Burfict should be fined, suspended, and charged in criminal court. Period. I also agree with what Cowher said after the game. That bullshit is on the head coach.

P.S. if William Gay's gay-ass dance on a TD that never happened is a 15 yard penalty, how does Burfict run off the field, up the ramp, and into the locker room with the ball after the Jones pick without so much as a stern look from anyone? Jus sayin...

Injury report is gonna tell a lot about our chances next week. I'm just glad the feline felons get to go home early...again. Adam Jones crying on the sideline was my Super Bowl.

:lol:

Brown will be on concussion protocol - ben will be out there doing his ticket Oak impersonation

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:24 am

PGHeaven wrote:Game was more like a crime scene where the judge ruled in our favor. Anyone catch Porter out there grinning? Like Tombstone when Doc Holiday winks at the red shirt.

Boswell - MVP

:suplusone:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:47 am

Steelerssix wrote:I agree with you isfry especially the crap about Gay preening and Burfict's crap. I hate that team right now. I doubt AB will play because he will most likely be on concussion protocol after that thug playing the "knockout" game. AB looked like a bobble head as he fell. I can't believe he got back up. Burfict should be out of the game altogether if the NFL means what they say. He clearly is not a clean player. Back to the 15 yd. penalty on Gay. Please explain that to me somebody, anybody. And the Shazier fumble that wasn't a recovery TD? Someone smarter than me? I don't think I have seen the Steelers play with so much passion, heart, backbone or whatever you want to call it. Strange game is right isfry. Already reading some comments from the decent Bengal fans admitting their embarassment at that team and congratulating the Steelers. Some class there somewhere at least.

:subngtowl:

isfry wrote:Maybe the strangest game I've ever seen. I think BR7 will be OK for next week, as will AB (I hope.) Burfict should be fined, suspended, and charged in criminal court. Period. I also agree with what Cowher said after the game. That bullshit is on the head coach.

:suplusone:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:33 am

Steelerssix wrote:And the Shazier fumble that wasn't a recovery TD? Someone smarter than me?

I'm no smarter, Six, but my understanding is that once the whistle blows the play is dead, even if they got the call wrong. Thus, though they can overturn the ruling on the field regarding the fumble, the possession just belongs to Pitt at that spot. It's kinda fair, when you realize that nobody chased Shazier since the whistle blew.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:35 am

PGHeaven wrote:Game was more like a crime scene where the judge ruled in our favor. Anyone catch Porter out there grinning? Like Tombstone when Doc Holiday winks at the red shirt.

Boswell - MVP

So clear that Peezy was out there pushing buttons and trying to get someone to fuck up. It worked. I was pointing out J.P's smirk to my wife on one of the many replays and she said, "Yeah, but the guy didn't have to push him." When she's right, she's right.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:34 pm

isfry wrote:
Steelerssix wrote:And the Shazier fumble that wasn't a recovery TD? Someone smarter than me?

I'm no smarter, Six, but my understanding is that once the whistle blows the play is dead, even if they got the call wrong. Thus, though they can overturn the ruling on the field regarding the fumble, the possession just belongs to Pitt at that spot. It's kinda fair, when you realize that nobody chased Shazier since the whistle blew.

You are correct, but it seemed to me a very quick whistle and after looking at the replay it was not a very hard play to call and let play out. I also hate to admit it, but perhaps Shazier did get away with a helmet hit although it was not intentional from my perspective and they did say that Bernard was a runner at that point. You are right that nobody ran after Shazier due to the whistle.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:36 pm

isfry wrote:

Boswell - MVP

So clear that Peezy was out there pushing buttons and trying to get someone to fuck up. It worked. I was pointing out J.P's smirk to my wife on one of the many replays and she said, "Yeah, but the guy didn't have to push him." When she's right, she's right.

Did not see any of the JP stuff, but it reminds me of the time few weeks ago when I think Gay was preening after a pick 6 and Porter was playing right along. Constantly shows the lack of some professionalism and discipline across the spectrum.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:27 pm

Steelerssix wrote:
isfry wrote:

You are correct, but it seemed to me a very quick whistle and after looking at the replay it was not a very hard play to call and let play out. I also hate to admit it, but perhaps Shazier did get away with a helmet hit although it was not intentional from my perspective and they did say that Bernard was a runner at that point. You are right that nobody ran after Shazier due to the whistle.

Let's be honest, Shazier ABSOLUTELY got away with leading with the crown of his helmet on that tackle. Ball carrier or no, my understanding is that's still against the rules, as of 2013. Rule 12, Section 2, Article 8, subdivision (g) qualifies the following as a fifteen yard unnecessary roughness penalty:

"If a player uses any part of his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) or facemask to butt, spear, or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily."

Hard to say that's not what Shazier did, inadvertently or not. Like Harrison basically said about Burfict's hit on AB, I may not agree with the rule, but that's the rule.

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum