Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » GAME THREAD: Steelers vs. Cardinals 10-18-15

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Grizzled Veteran

Re: GAME THREAD: Steelers vs. Cardinals 10-18-15

Postby Stillerman » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:03 pm

OMG was that a QB throwing the ball down the field. Tomlin will be hailed as a genius for making the switch. We know the truth.

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:12 pm

a Win is a Win.
definitely will take it.
will be interesting to see who our starting qb is next week.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pump-N-Iron » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:18 pm

thesteelhammer wrote:a Win is a Win.
definitely will take it.
will be interesting to see who our starting qb is next week.

Even better, I feel good about this win on a lot of fronts. Our defense, while not playing totally lights out, kept the highest scoring offense in the league to 13 points. Jones was a gamer and earned a W for us today. The first half was a slop-fest on Offense. The 2nd half we took care of business.

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:28 pm

thesteelhammer wrote:will be interesting to see who our starting qb is next week

If it's not Jones I'm not watching.

Pump-N-Iron wrote:Tomlin actually showed some balls for a change and put in the greenhorn QB to get the job done.

Once again, I think Tomlin actually just got lucky. He doesn't have the balls to make that call. Vick pulled a hammie and Tomlin's hand was forced into doing what should have been done two weeks ago.

Good win. Lots of upside. Defense looks proud. Kicker can do his job. A QB who can hold it together until BR7 returns. I'm gonna enjoy this one.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:45 pm

There should be NO QUESTION to who is the back-up QB is next week if Ben is not ready. If Tomlin puts Prick in, they can both walk to the unemployment line together.

And has been said, Tomlin was forced to make this decision by Prick getting hurt. Much like Clint Hurdle for The Pirates, Tomlin would much rather be popular with his players than do what's best for the team. They truly lucked out today. Then Tomlin's all there at the end of the game pounding his chest like William Wallace. Get the fuck out of here, dude!

And so much for all this bullshit hype and living in the past with Prick. As I said at the time when The Steelers signed him there was a reason why he was sitting home at the end of August and not in ANY training camp; He's a washed up, lowlife who was vastly overrated to begin with. Too bad he can't play football like he could killing and torturing defenseless animals, cause we know he's an Hall Of Famer in that category.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Crucible-steel-kid » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:48 pm

Steelers76 wrote:There should be NO QUESTION to who is the back-up QB is next week if Ben is not ready. If Tomlin puts Prick in, they can both walk to the unemployment line together.

And has been said, Tomlin was forced to make this decision by Prick getting hurt. Much like Clint Hurdle for The Pirates, Tomlin would much rather be popular with his players than do what's best for the team. They truly lucked out today. Then Tomlin's all there at the end of the game pounding his chest like William Wallace. Get the fuck out of here, dude!

And so much for all this bullshit hype and living in the past with Prick. As I said at the time when The Steelers signed him there was a reason why he was sitting home at the end of August and not in ANY training camp; He's a washed up, lowlife who was vastly overrated to begin with. Too bad he can't play football like he could killing and torturing defenseless animals, cause we know he's an Hall Of Famer in that category.

:suplusone:

I could not have said it any better. ..

Hall of Famer

Postby PGHeaven » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:33 pm

Stillerman wrote:No, the dumb ass just went for 2.

:suplusone:

Hall of Famer

Postby isfry » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:34 pm

I have an irrelevant, almost rhetorical, question. Aside from the fact that he wears #92, what exactly made Harrison's block of a would-be-tackler in the end zone after Mitchell's pick a personal foul? The way I see it, it's a live ball that Mitchell could get up and run with. If the AZ WR touches him while he's down he can no longer get up and run. Doesn't Harrison have the right, indeed the obligation once the possession arrow flipped, to block AZ guys away from the ball carrier at that point? When have you ever seen a personal foul called on a block? No hands to the face, no chop, no tripping, just overzealously blocking a guy so he can't "tackle" (in quotes because it shouldn't mater whether that tackle is a tackle or a touch of a down player) the ball carrier?

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Pump-N-Iron » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:58 am

isfry wrote:
Pump-N-Iron wrote:Tomlin actually showed some balls for a change and put in the greenhorn QB to get the job done.

Once again, I think Tomlin actually just got lucky. He doesn't have the balls to make that call. Vick pulled a hammie and Tomlin's hand was forced into doing what should have been done two weeks ago.

Good win. Lots of upside. Defense looks proud. Kicker can do his job. A QB who can hold it together until BR7 returns. I'm gonna enjoy this one.

You're 100% correct. I missed the Vick injury. It's amazing how Tomlin backs his way into success time and time again (serious, not sarcasm). I will give the coaching staff credit for getting Jones a shit ton of reps in the preseason, which again, was most likely done out of necessity than forethought.

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum