Register

Board index » Game Threads Forum » PLAY-OFF GAME THREAD: Steelers vs Ravens 1-3-15

In-game threads are stored here.....!
Stillers.com Team

Re: PLAY-OFF GAME THREAD: Steelers vs Ravens 1-3-15

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:22 am

no penalty for shot on a defenseless WR

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:24 am

heath fumbles. :no:
game over

Stillers.com Team

Postby thesteelhammer » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:24 am

The Steelers came out tonight like a team that was satisfied with what they had "accomplished". Satisfied to have won the division and to have made the play offs for the first time in 2 years... Like they had done enough to justify there jobs for next year.....and that's what they were playing for, not for super bowl immortality. This goes for the entire Defense, the coaching staff, and the offense with the exception of Ben, Gradkowski, and perhaps Brown.
This Steelers organization has settled for mediocrity. What use to be expected every year, is now seen as having a good year.
We the fans demand a return to excellence.
Fire Colbert, Fire Tomlin, Clean the bums off the roster, Get the Rooneys out of politics and back into football.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Stillerman » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:25 am

What a slop fest! No playoff victories in 4 years. The Tomlin era must end!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Stillerman » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:26 am

thesteelhammer wrote:The Steelers came out tonight like a team that was satisfied with what they had "accomplished". Satisfied to have won the division and to have made the play offs for the first time in 2 years... Like they had done enough to justify there jobs for next year.....and that's what they were playing for, not for super bowl immortality. This goes for the entire Defense, the coaching staff, and the offense with the exception of Ben, Gradkowski, and perhaps Brown.
This Steelers organization has settled for mediocrity. What use to be expected every year, is now seen as having a good year.
Fire Colbert, Fire Tomlin, Clean the bums off the roster, Get the Rooneys out of politics and back into football.

AMEN!!!!!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:30 am

Well season over. I usually don't get too pissed about a loss but this one sucks. My immediate thoughts under duress of course: Are we stuck with the same coaches since they went 11-5? Will Pola and Miller be back, they both look tired? Will we see Sharko next year and Mitchell gone? Will they ever draft a decent LB and a complementary RB for Bell? How much does Ben have left for another run? I am sure those with better football instincts than mine can answer.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:30 am

Stillerman wrote:
thesteelhammer wrote:The Steelers came out tonight like a team that was satisfied with what they had "accomplished". Satisfied to have won the division and to have made the play offs for the first time in 2 years... Like they had done enough to justify there jobs for next year.....and that's what they were playing for, not for super bowl immortality. This goes for the entire Defense, the coaching staff, and the offense with the exception of Ben, Gradkowski, and perhaps Brown.

AMEN!!!!!

Amen,Amen

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:32 am

At least I won't have to sit at work Monday morning awaiting Mill's scathing analysis.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:33 am

Steelerssix wrote:
Steelerssix wrote:Every damn time I see Forsett for the poes I am reminded of how he steps in and fills the void left by Rice compared to the Steelers having a high school running game because your only RB goes down, Lousy coaching again.

Just posting my earlier quote because it proves our coaching sucks. How can you not have some backup?

Not trying to wear it out, but I have to post that again as it is so painfully obvious that they were not concerned about ever losing Bell and had nothing for the damn poes! :supissed:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:36 am

Well put. However, you will hear the Kool-Aid drinking sheep in the next few days talk about how this season was an 'accomplishment" because "If you thought they were even going to make the playoffs letalone win a North Crown when they got beat up by The Browns", blah, blah, blah.

You watch. Guaranteed.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:37 am

thesteelhammer wrote:Can the Steelers get it done without Bell?

Apparently not. I had some hope though in spite of the lousy management.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:46 am

And I wouldn't shake those lowlife mother fuckers hands EVER, win or lose. I hate them with a passion, and I don't respect ANY of them.

But these NFL "union buddies" gotta show their love for one another like the overpaid divas they are....

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:07 am

In response to the "Should we rest our starters" thread a few weeks ago: Can I try again? :oops: If I had better football/Steelers knowledge and realized the Steelers had nothing after Bell in the backfield I might have thought a bit more about this. Yeah they might not do well against the Pats in the past, but I started thinking differently during this game against the ravens when Collinsworth was gushing about the poes secondary being so much better than they were during the 6 TD performance Ben put up against them in November. No duh, we had Bell then and he is a game changer. With a healthy Bell I think we could beat anybody. The offense took some of the heat off of the defensive deficiencies and changed the game. To most here on this forum that sounds elementary but that is all I got right now. Still :supissed:

Grizzled Veteran

Postby ballhair » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:47 am

I shut the game off at the end of the third quarter. I just knew the way the offense was playing they were going to lose. There is no doubt the ratbirds wanted it more. Everyone knew our defense sucks so it was up to Ben and the offense. To me, it looked like the Stillers were playing "scared" and "confused" again, especially Ben. He let Flacco outplay him again. Watching Miller trying to block Suggs was painful. Ben had no adjustments for the blitzing the ratbirds did. They missed Bell for sure. Archer is worthless. Watch Brady next week and how he handles that pass rush. What a disappointing ending to a season.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby LenSherwood » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:33 am

ballhair... yeah the Steelers are usually predictable when they lose and you could see this one coming when the Ravens put together their first scoring drive, running the ball and Ben settled for field goals. I hung around unfortunately. Should have turned it off too...

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:40 pm

LenSherwood wrote:ballhair... yeah the Steelers are usually predictable when they lose and you could see this one coming when the Ravens put together their first scoring drive, running the ball and Ben settled for field goals. I hung around unfortunately. Should have turned it off too...

I as well felt that this one was over early as though they were defeated because they didn't have Bell. I stuck it out and mad as hell to lose to the poes since I am surrounded by purple here. The bandwagon here near Baltimore is suddenly very crowded. Believe me when I say most poe fans were nervous about playing the Steelers. We showed them huh!

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelerssix » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:41 pm

ballhair wrote:I shut the game off at the end of the third quarter. I just knew the way the offense was playing they were going to lose. There is no doubt the ratbirds wanted it more. Everyone knew our defense sucks so it was up to Ben and the offense. To me, it looked like the Stillers were playing "scared" and "confused" again, especially Ben. He let Flacco outplay him again. Watching Miller trying to block Suggs was painful. Ben had no adjustments for the blitzing the ratbirds did. They missed Bell for sure. Archer is worthless. Watch Brady next week and how he handles that pass rush. What a disappointing ending to a season.

I hate to say it, but I think the poes may do well against the Pats unless the Pats play with some emotion. If the Pats come out flat they lose.

Grizzled Veteran

Postby Steelers76 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:40 pm

And to pile on, this squad was the only team to lose a home playoff game this weekend. :supissed:

Previous

Return to Game Threads Forum